If you wish to visit The Netherlands for a short period of time, you must obtain a visa prior to entry if you come from a country with a visa requirement for entering The Netherlands.
Important: As per the New Russian Law on Personal Data Protection - this will be observed from 23rd of May 2011 - All Applicants who are applying themselves or through a Courier Representative need to ensure that the Forms are signed by each Individual Applicant and submitted along with their Application.
The amount of Visa Fee is set by the Netherlands Embassy in Rubles in accordance with the current exchange rate.
|Visa type||Visa fee for russian citizens *||Visa fee for third-country nationals|
|Schengen Visa||2400 RUB||4200 RUB|
|Schengen Visa for children under 6||free of charge||free of charge|
|Schengen Visa for children from 6 to 12||2400 RUB||2400 RUB|
* This fee also covers citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan.
- There is a service charge of 1300 Rubles (inclusive of VAT) levied per application over and above the visa fees.
- Logistics fee – 450 RUB – For all regional visa centers
- The applicable visa fee in Russian Rubles is as per the current exchange rate.
Following categories of persons are exempt from paying Service charge:
- Children under 6 years old, and
- Disabled persons of the 1st group and the person accompanying them, if necessary.
- Visa and Service Fees are paid at the Visa Application Center in cash in Russian Rubles.
- The fees are non-refundable.
The following categories are exempted from paying a visa fee:
- children under 6 years old;
- close relatives - spouses, children (including adopted), parents (including custodians), grandparents and grandchildren of citizens of the European Union (except Dutch citizens), Switzerland and Russian Federation legally residing in the territory of the Netherlands (see requirements in “Visa for Visiting Family”);.
- members of official delegations who, following an official invitation addressed to the Member States of the European Union, shall participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programs, as well as in events held in the territory of one of the Member States by intergovernmental organizations;
- members of national and regional Governments and Parliaments, Constitutional Courts and Supreme Courts, if they are not exempted from the visa requirement by the Visa Facilitation Agreement;
- pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training;
- disabled persons of the 1st group and the person accompanying them, if necessary;
- persons who have presented documents proving the necessity of their travel on humanitarian grounds, including to receive urgent medical treatment and the person accompanying such person, or to attend a funeral of a close relative, or to visit a close seriously ill relative;
- participants in youth international sports events and persons accompanying them;
- persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities including university and other exchange programs;
- participants in official exchange programs organized by twin cities.
This list is intended to help you compile the documents for your visa application. Please note that the Embassy may ask for additional documents or further information if this is needed to assess the application.
- Valid travel document (international passport) valid for a minimum of 3 months after scheduled return to the Russian Federation, containing at least two blank pages (without machine readable visas on the reverse side) and issued within the previous ten years.
You can use photocopying or printing service in our visa application center.
If available other valid or/and expired foreign passports. Photocopies of the marked pages from expired passports and other valid travel documents are required only in case when it is impossible to provide these documents in original.
Russian internal passport:
Photocopy of holder page and registration page.
- Visa application form correctly completed and signed by the applicant.
For minors: application form must be signed by both of their parents or a legal guardian.
If you can’t prepare the Visa Application form by yourself, our officers can fill the Visa application form for you.
Photographs: two recent colour photographs, not older than 6 months, bearing a true likeness to the applicant (3,5 by 4,5 cm.). Photographs have to conform to the requirements of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) .
Due to the stringent requirements around the Photo required for your application, we recommend you utilize the photo services available inside the Visa Application Center. This will provide you assurance that your application is submitted with the photograph that meets the specifications and will be acceptable to the Embassy. You will have ready photographs in 45 seconds.
The cost of the service is 360 RUB for 6 photographs.
How to book:
This service can be booked at the visa application centre upon your arrival.
- Travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during the stay. The minimum coverage must be €30.000.
- Non-Russian citizens have to present: Russian visa + registration valid 3 months after scheduled return to the Russian Federation; or residence permit; or work permit + registration valid 3 months after scheduled return to the Russian Federation.
For this purpose:
- Invitation: Written request from the host university, academy, institute, college, school, student cards or certificate of the courses to be attended, including place to stay.
- Proof of financial means in the Netherlands (host, employer or applicant (it is highly recommended by the Embassy to provide bank statement in Euros), / 34 euro per day).
- Minors travelling without parents need their own passport.
- Application form: minors without their own passport: per minor a visa application form and 2 colour photographs need to be submitted. Application form must be signed by both of their parents or a legal guardian.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Copies of data pages of both parents’ internal passports.
- Minors that are accompanied by one of the two parents need to provide the notarized parental consent (original and copy).
- Minors that are not accompanied by any parent need to show the notarized parental consent of both parents (original and copy).
- In case if the single parent with whom the minor is to travel holds the parental authority alone: death certificate of the other parent or a court degree vesting custody exclusively in the parent who is signing the application.
- Copy of the valid Schengen visa of the parent(s) travelling with the minor for whom a visa is not applied at the same time with the parent(s).
Dear clients, please kindly note that in most cases, you will be informed within 10 calendar days whether your application has been successful (for foreign nationals officially residing in the Russian Federation case processing can take up to 15 days). Sometimes it can take around 30 days if more time is needed, and up to 60 days in exceptional cases, for example if extra documents are required.
Therefore it is important that you apply for your visa three weeks in advance.
If you want to follow your visa application please click here.
Processing time for applications accepted at regional visa centres increases for the time required for delivery of passports to Moscow and back from Moscow to the regional visa centre.
- If you wish to apply for a Short Stay visa up to 90 days, you can fill in the Visa Application Form here.
- Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is strongly recommended to complete the form using the online portal instead of the paper format. The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.
Zip-code of the address in The Netherlands must be mentioned in the application form.
The application form must be signed by the applicant himself/herself.
In case of minors: the application form must be signed by both of their parents or a legal guardian.
Attention! For a child inserted into a parent’s passport a separate Visa Application Form is filled.