If you wish to visit The Netherlands for a short period of time, you must obtain a visa prior to entry if you come from a country with a visa requirement for entering The Netherlands. It is possible to apply not earlier than 6 months before the supposed departure date.
Important: As per the New Russian Law on Personal Data Protection - this will be observed from 23rd of May 2011 - All Applicants who are applying themselves or through a Courier Representative need to ensure that the Forms are signed by each Individual Applicant and submitted along with their Application.
Please note that VFS Global offers an additional optional service for visa applicants in Russia. VFS Charges an extra service fee for this service, to be paid by the applicant.
- For the official visa fees charged by the Dutch government, click here.
- VFS service charge:
Apart from the visa fee, VFS service charge in RUB 1580 and Logistic Fee 450 RUB (for submission with biometrics) inclusive of VAT per application will be levied for applicants applying at the visa application centre.
- Visa and Service Fees are paid at the Visa Application Center in Russian Rubles.
- All fees are non-refundable.
This list is intended to help you compile the documents for your visa application. Please note that the Embassy may ask for additional documents or further information if this is needed to assess the application.
Travel insurance is mandatory for all Schengen countries. If you have not purchased, please click here
- Valid travel document (international passport) valid for a minimum of 3 months after scheduled return to the Russian Federation, containing at least two blank pages (without machine readable visas on the reverse side) and issued within the previous ten years.
You can use photocopying or printing service in our visa application center.
If available other valid or/and expired foreign passports. Photocopies of the marked pages from expired passports and other valid travel documents are required only in case when it is impossible to provide these documents in original.
Russian internal passport:
Photocopy of holder page and registration page.
- Visa application form correctly completed and signed by the applicant.
For minors: application form must be signed by both of their parents or a legal guardian.
If you can’t prepare the Visa Application form by yourself, our officers can fill the Visa application form for you.
Photographs: two recent colour photographs, not older than 6 months, bearing a true likeness to the applicant (3,5 by 4,5 cm.). Photographs have to conform to the requirements of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) .
Due to the stringent requirements around the Photo required for your application, we recommend you utilize the photo services available inside the Visa Application Center. This will provide you assurance that your application is submitted with the photograph that meets the specifications and will be acceptable to the Embassy. You will have ready photographs in 45 seconds.
The cost of the service is 360 RUB for 6 photographs.
How to book:
This service can be booked at the visa application centre upon your arrival.
- Travel medical insurance covering the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgency medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during the stay. The minimum coverage must be €30.000.
- Non-Russian citizens have to present: Russian visa + registration valid 3 months after scheduled return to the Russian Federation; or residence permit; or work permit + registration valid 3 months after scheduled return to the Russian Federation.
For this purpose:
- Invitation: Written request from the host university, academy, institute, college, school, student cards or certificate of the courses to be attended, including place to stay.
- Proof of financial means in the Netherlands (host, employer or applicant (it is highly recommended by the Embassy to provide bank statement in Euros), / 34 euro per day).
- Minors travelling without parents need their own passport.
- Application form: minors without their own passport: per minor a visa application form and 2 colour photographs need to be submitted. Application form must be signed by both of their parents or a legal guardian.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Copies of data pages of both parents’ internal passports.
- Minors that are accompanied by one of the two parents need to provide the notarized parental consent (original and copy).
- Minors that are not accompanied by any parent need to show the notarized parental consent of both parents (original and copy).
- In case if the single parent with whom the minor is to travel holds the parental authority alone: death certificate of the other parent or a court degree vesting custody exclusively in the parent who is signing the application.
- Copy of the valid Schengen visa of the parent(s) travelling with the minor for whom a visa is not applied at the same time with the parent(s).
As a part of biometric data collection, your digital photograph will be taken with full face visible and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles or head covering, unless worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes.
Your photograph must be taken according to the ICCAO standard. See the Photomatrix Guidelines 2020 (originally meant for the photograph you had to bring) for examples of what is accepted and what is not -click here
Dear clients, please kindly note that in most cases, you will be informed within 10 calendar days whether your application has been successful (for foreign nationals officially residing in the Russian Federation case processing can take up to 15 days). Sometimes it can take around 30 days if more time is needed, and up to 60 days in exceptional cases, for example if extra documents are required.
Therefore it is important that you apply for your visa three weeks in advance.
If you want to follow your visa application please click here.
Processing time for applications accepted at regional visa centres increases for the time required for delivery of passports to Moscow and back from Moscow to the regional visa centre.
- If you wish to apply for a Short Stay visa up to 90 days, you can fill in the Visa Application Form here.
- Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is strongly recommended to complete the form using the online portal instead of the paper format. The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.
Zip-code of the address in The Netherlands must be mentioned in the application form.
The application form must be signed by the applicant himself/herself.
In case of minors: the application form must be signed by both of their parents or a legal guardian.
Attention! For a child inserted into a parent’s passport a separate Visa Application Form is filled.