This type of visa is required if you wish to re-enter the Netherlands if you want to travel abroad and you do not have a valid residence permit.
Please note that VFS Global offers an additional optional service for visa applicants in South Africa. VFS Charges an extra service fee for this service, to be paid by the applicant.
- For the official visa fees charged by the Dutch government, click here.
VFS service charge:
Apart from the visa fee, VFS service charge in ZAR 400 (for submission with biometrics) inclusive of VAT per application will be levied for applicants applying at the visa application centre.
- The only acceptable modes of payment of Visa fees are by credit/debit card (Only at the Visa Application Centre) and Cash Deposit at Bank and Deposit Slip (Original) needs to be carried as evidence of payments when submitting your application at VFS Global Netherlands Visa Application Centre.
The VFS Global Service fee will be collected at the counter:-
Visa Account details:
Below are the bank details for visas only
Bank Name: NedBank
Branch Name: Corporate Client Services
Branch Code: 198765 (Universal Code)
Account Name: Visa Processing SA - Netherlands
Account No: 1454112530
It is important that the following methods of payment will not be accepted: Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), Cheque payments and any methods not mentioned above are currently not accepted. Please note that NO Diners club or American express cards can be used to pay for the application.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Schengen Application Form - Please fill in the form Online and print copies. The copies must be brought to the Visa Application Center.
- One recent(within last 3 months) , good quality, passport sized, colour photographs on a clear light background (grey/white)
- Valid Passport, please ensure that the passport has 2 blank pages.
- If not a South African citizen, a valid residence permit.
- Police report confirming what happened to previous permit.
- Copy of Netherlands resident permit or approval letter from IND(if possible)
- Copy of bio data page from passport.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR MINORS (Children under 18):
- Unabridged birth certificate.
- Certified copy of Parents passport or Identity document.
If the child is traveling alone: Permission minor child consent form signed by both parents with a copy of their passport or driver’s license. If the child travels with only one parent, the other parent must sign the permission minor child consent form with a copy of their passport or driver’s license. If only one parent has guardianship of the minor, court documents stating so must be presented. All these documents need to be certified copies.
- Visa fee: The visa fee should be paid in full and payable by debit/credit card at the Visa Application Centre.
- Please note: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Note: The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide One recent photograph (not more than 3 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Kindly download the Photo Specification file for more information.
The visa processing time is 10 working days under normal circumstances.
In case a nationality should be consulted with by other Schengen partners, the visa process will take longer. Please check at VFS if your nationality needs consultation before applying for your visa.
The Dutch Representation is entitled to request more (supporting) information from the applicant. Please be aware that the visa processing time in this case can take longer.
Applications submitted within 10 working days from departure can only be accepted based on well motivated & urgent arguments of the applicant (for example humanitarian: illness, death etc.) and after consultation with the Dutch Representation in Pretoria. Intake will take place at own responsibility of the applicant. The visa fee as well as the VFS fee(s) will not be returned if the intended departure date can not be met. ‘
It may take considerably longer if any documents are missing or if further information is required. You are therefore advised to submit your application well before the date on which you are planning to travel.
The minimum processing time of a visa application is 15 days. Applicants are advised to leave enough time between the appointment date and travel date to have their visa application processed. No guarantees can be given on the visa application’s return date as delays may occur.