Events such as conferences, workshops, short term studies and research, official meetings, cultural and sports events, exhibitions, fairs or training
An Event visa is required for persons attending conferences, workshops, short term studies and research, official meetings, cultural and sports events, exhibitions, fairs or training.
Please note that VFS Global offers an additional optional service for visa applicants in South Africa. VFS Charges an extra service fee for this service, to be paid by the applicant.
- For the official visa fees charged by the Dutch government, click here.
VFS service charge:
Apart from the visa fee, VFS service charge in ZAR 400 (for submission with biometrics) inclusive of VAT per application will be levied for applicants applying at the visa application centre.
- The only acceptable modes of payment of Visa fees are by credit/debit card (Only at the Visa Application Centre) and Cash Deposit at Bank and Deposit Slip (Original) needs to be carried as evidence of payments when submitting your application at VFS Global Netherlands Visa Application Centre.
The VFS Global Service fee will be collected at the counter:-
Visa Account details:
Below are the bank details for visas only
Bank Name: NedBank
Branch Name: Corporate Client Services
Branch Code: 198765 (Universal Code)
Account Name: Visa Processing SA - Netherlands
Account No: 1454112530
It is important that the following methods of payment will not be accepted: Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), Cheque payments and any methods not mentioned above are currently not accepted. Please note that NO Diners club or American express cards can be used to pay for the application.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Please click here for the full list of supporting documents required.
Note: The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide One recent photographs (not more than 3 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Kindly download the Photo Specification file for more information.
The visa processing time is 10 working days under normal circumstances.
In case a nationality should be consulted with by other Schengen partners, the visa process will take longer. Please check at VFS if your nationality needs consultation before applying for your visa.
The Dutch Representation is entitled to request more (supporting) information from the applicant. Please be aware that the visa processing time in this case can take longer.
Applications submitted within 10 working days from departure can only be accepted based on well motivated & urgent arguments of the applicant (for example humanitarian: illness, death etc.) and after consultation with the Dutch Representation in Pretoria. Intake will take place at own responsibility of the applicant. The visa fee as well as the VFS fee(s) will not be returned if the intended departure date can not be met.
Applications for a Schengen visa should be lodged at the VFS Global Visa Service Center, at least 15 working days before the intended journey
The minimum processing time of a visa application is 15 days. Applicants are advised to leave enough time between the appointment date and travel date to have their visa application processed. No guarantees can be given on the visa application’s return date as delays may occur.