Orange Carpet Visa
Applications for business visa for employees of companies that are registered for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility with the Netherlands Embassy in Pretoria.
You do not have to make an appointment to submit your application if you are applying for a business visa under the Orange Carpet Visa Facility; you can simply visit one of the visa application centres (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria) any weekday (Monday to Friday, except public holidays) between 8:30 and 9:00 to submit your application. When visiting the visa application centre, please indicate that you are there to submit an Orange Carpet Visa Facility application. The visa application centre will check, on basis of your application documents (see below), whether you are applying for a business visa and are employed by a company registered under the Orange Carpet Visa Facility with the Netherlands Embassy.
Applications submitted using the Orange Carpet Visa Facility have to meet the following requirements:
- A support letter from your company, mentioning their Orange Carpet Visa Facility registration number, signed by at least one of the authorised Orange Carpet Visa Facility signatories;
- A passport, preferably with a remaining validity of at least three years and three months;
A duly filled in visa application form;
Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to your appointment. It is strongly recommended to complete the form using the online portal instead of the paper format.
The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values.
- Health Insurance, including medical emergency evacuation cover (equivalent to a minimum of €30.000);
- One recent passport sized photograph;
- Biometrics: fingerprints of the applicant will be taken at VFS global;
- The applicable visa fee.
Immediate family members (spouse and children under 18) are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility too. In case of a spouse and/or children are accompanying the employee on their business trip, the following documents have to be attached to the applications of the spouse and/or children:
- Copy of overseas medical insurance policy, including medical emergency cover (equivalent to 30.000 euros), corresponding with the (desired) period of stay;
- In case of minor applicants (younger than 18 years), a written consent from both parents or the parents’ signatures on the application form. A copy of the parents’ passports should be included.
Please note: by participating in the Orange Carpet Visa Facility, you guarantee the return of the traveler and you are able and willing to vouch financially for all costs that might occur during or following the stay of the visa applicants in all Schengen countries, when they are traveling on a visa that has been obtained via the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
For more information, please read our brochure.