Schengen visa allows you to stay in Norway and other Schengen countries for maximum of 90 days within period of 180 days.
For Japanese nationals, there is no need to apply Schengen visa.
To find out if you need apply visa, please click here.
Lodging an application/when to apply?
- It is advisable to lodge the application well in advance and no later than 15 days before the intended visit. Please note that applications can be lodged no more than six months before the start of the intended visit (nine months for seafarers).
Before you apply;
- You can apply form 3 months before your departure date, so please allow sufficient time to apply. To find out more, please read processing time page.
- It is not recommended to purchase the flight ticket before visa is issued.
- You require online application registration before you apply.
- Applicant must present in person at visa application center to register biometric information.
- You may be requested for additional document or interview during processing at The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing.
- You must hold Japanese residence permit in order to apply from Tokyo.
IF you are visiting other Schengen country than Norway, you must apply form the Embassy/Consulate of the country you are visiting.
If you plan to visit more than one Schengen country in the course of one trip, or if you plan several separate trips within a period of two months, you must submit your application to the embassy or consulate of the Member State that is your main destination based on the length of your stay, or the purpose of stay.
- If you are visiting two or more Schengen countries, you must apply from the Embassy/Consulate of country where you mainly visit. E.g. duration of stay is the longest etc. However, if you have no main country,
|VISA CATEGORY||VISA FEE|
|Visitor's visa for adults and children over 12 years old (single or multiple entries)||EUR 80|
|Visitor's visa for children between 6 and 12 years old (single or multiple entries)||EUR 40|
|Visitor's visa for adults and children over 6 years old who are citizens of Azerbaijan, Russia or Ukraine (single or multiple entries)||EUR 35|
|Visitor's visa for all children under the age of 6 (single or multiple entries)||Free of Charge|
ONLINE APPLICATION REGISTRATION AND FEE PAYMENT;
Before you visit Visa application center, you must complete your application form and payment online.
The visa fee is EUR 80. Children under six years do not pay a fee. Children from the age of six years and below the age of 12 years shall pay a visa fee of EUR 40. Please visit the UDI website for information about other groups exempted from the visa fee.
If it is the first time for you to apply, you need to complete registration to obtain user account. To create your user account, please click here.
Once you finished registration, you will be receiving email with cover letter attached. This cover letter will be the evidence for your completion of application form and payment. So please print this cover letter and submit along with other supporting documents at Visa application center.
IMPORTANT: Payment only accepted by credit card via online portal. However, card holders name can be other than applicant, if applicant dese not hold credit card.
Other than visa fee, you are requested to pay service fee EUR 30 and international courier fee (your application will be sent to Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing) EUR 63.84 , which are the payable at Visa application center in cash with Japanese currency.
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements. The photo requirements are the same for children as for adults.
The Photo shall:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colours with a whitebackground
- be 35-45mm in width
- maximum 3months old, resemble the applicant
- full-face, facing the camera directly, eyes looking straight at the camera
- Show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face shall occupy 70-80 % of the picture
- Show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair shall not cover the eyes
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- the glasses cannot be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there cannot be reflection in the glasses
Religious head-dresses are allowed provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks shall all be clearly visible
- Shadows in the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
According to Schengen regulations (Visa Code), visa applications shall (as a main rule) be decided on within 15 calendar days.
The processing time for applications is normally up to 15 calendar days after the embassy or consulate has received the application. The decision period may be extended to 45 days when further consideration is needed.
Please note that the processing time is counted from the date the Embassy receives the application, not the date the application is submitted at the Visa Application Centre. Applications will usually be delivered to the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing in two working days, however due to custom or bad weather and other natures, this may take longer. So please submit your application with sufficient time. Applicants are able to apply form 3 month before from departure date.