Other Family Members
If you wish to come to Norway through family immigration you must, as a rule, have been granted a residence permit before entering Norway. However, in certain circumstances you may enter Norway before you have been granted a residence permit. In such cases, you need an entry visa if you are subject to the visa requirement – a visa for applying for or waiting for a decision on an application for family immigration.
Please click here to view the Visa fees
Please Note :
- All fees paid at the Norway Visa Application Center are non-refundable.
- There is a Logistic Fee levied per application over and above the visa application fee.
- Value Added Services
- The visa application centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost:
- Courier service
Within Nairobi – KES. 350.00
Outside Nairobi – KES. 750.00
- SMS tracking facility is KES 50.00/SMS.
- Courier service
Please click here to view the VFS service charge
The logistics fee and the value added service fees levied per application will be payable via M-Pesa at the Visa Application Centre effective 1 August 2016. Please enquire from the Office for the loading procedure during application date.
Please click here to view the list of documents you need to submit at the Visa Application Centre.
- The photograph for each visa applicant must be an un-mounted, full face photo, as described below
- The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
- One photograph must be submitted. The photograph should be glued to the application form
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 35 mm x 45 mm with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 3 mm
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- The face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Sunglasses or other wear, which detracts from the face, are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete
The processing at the Embassy of Norway normally takes 15 days, but may in some cases take longer.
If you wish to apply for a residence permit to Norway, you can download the requisite Visa Application Form from the below given link.
Application Portal: https://selfservice.udi.no/
The Embassy: https://www.norway.no/en/kenya/ and
- Number of pages: 10
- The form must be printed back-to-back
- You can also obtain this form from the visa centers.
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.