Applicant will have to provide evidence that he/she falls under this category, kindly refer to the information sheet of documents required
|Charge Type||Amount in Euros||Remarks|
|Schengen visa (age 12 years and above)||EUR 80||For each application|
|Children, ages 6–11 (unless otherwise stated in the Visa Facilitation Agreement)||EUR 40||For each application|
|Children, 0 to 5 years old||EUR 0||For each application|
|Schengen visa for citizens from the countries listed below (the EU has the Visa Facilitation Agreement with these countries):
- Russian federation
|EUR 35||For each application|
|- Cape Verde||EUR 80||For each application|
|Service Fee||Short Term(EUR 27)
Long Term(55 EUR)
|For each application|
Exemptions on Schengen Visa (GRATIS)
|Children under 6 years||62.3.a||0|
|Students and teachers with travel study purposes||62.3.b||0*|
|Researchers to do scientific investigation in the EU||62.3.c||0**|
|Representatives of non-profit-making organizations < 25 years||62.3.d||0***|
|Family EU (Family member of EU/EEA and Switzerland nationals)||62.4.b||0|
|Family EU husband/spouse||62.4.b.i||0|
|Family EU under 21 or dependent||62.4.b.iii||0|
|Family EU dependent direct ascending (duly proved)||62.4.b.iv||0|
* School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training.
** Researchers who are nationals of third countries traveling for the purpose of scientific research in the Community as defined in Recommendation 2005/761 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September, to facilitate the issuance by Member States of short-term uniform visas for researchers from third countries who are traveling for the purposes of scientific research in the Community.
*** Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations.
Note: No Service Charge/Service Fee Shall Be Levied For The Categories Who Fall Under Gratis Category.
Applicants need to submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use plain light-coloured background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes. Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- Photos resolution should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
- Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Note: If children are traveling with their parents and are included inside the passport of the mother and/or the father, one photograph for each childrenMUST be glued to the application form of the father or the mother, depending on whom are they traveling with.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
The processing time for an application at the Embassy of Portugal is a minimum of 20 calendar days. Please note that all those
applying for a visa for Portugal need to have at least 20 days between the date of application and date of travel. Applications will not be accepted if this requirement is not adhered to.
Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences