Security Notice for Applicants Visiting VFS Application Centers
Due to security reasons the following items will not be permitted inside the Application Centre or stored in the premises with effect from 5th of February 2007.
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, floppies, laptops, pen drives, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapon or weapon like objects or explosive material of any kind.
- Food and Drink items are not allowed in the application Centre due to security reasons.
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion.
Due to security concerns, we do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired / physically challenged applicants.
Please Note: There is no facility at the Visa Application Centre to store prohibited items. Applicants are requested to make alternate arrangements to keep the same before entry into the centre.