PREPARE YOUR APPLICATON
Before you start, you must know whether you are eligible for application of Lesotho Special Permit and the category.
Eligibility to Apply for Lesotho Special Project:
Applicant needs to be registered with in the National Population Register (NPR) System of Lesotho and must at least have the Lesotho Birth Certificate at the time of submission of application at the Lesotho Special Permit Application centerApplicants need to complete the NPR Registration process and acquire the Lesotho ID card without which the Lesotho Special permit application will not be processed by the Department of Home Affairs
Passport or travel document *
Provide proof of:
Employment (Affidavit from the employer) – to be issued with a Work Permit
Business registration with SARS and CIPRO – to get a Business Permit
Registration from an educational institution – for a Study Permit
VFS Global is not involved in the decision-making process and cannot influence the outcome of your visa application. The Department of Home Affairs will make the decision on your application after assessing your application form and documents.
* It is recommended that the passport be valid for a period of more than four years. If the validity period of the passport or the travel document is less than four years, the holder will bear the cost of the replacement of both the passport and the LSP into the new passport
Those applicants who may have fraudulently obtained South African documents need to surrender them to the designated DHA office and obtain an amnesty letter. The amnesty is until 31 December 2016.
Below is the List of DHA offices where documents can be surrendered:
- Limpopo: Polokwane
- North West: Rustenburg and Klerksdorp
- Western Cape: Cape Town large office
- Mpumalanga: Nelspruit
- Gauteng: Johannesburg Large office and Pretoria (Tirro)
- Eastern Cape: Mthata and East London
- Free State: Bloemfontein, Maseru border post and Ficksburg border post
- KwaZulu Natal: Ethekhwini
- Northern Cape: Kimberley